× Members

LCWRA after State pension age

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287268 by Joany58
LCWRA after State pension age was created by Joany58
Hi, I’m currently on UC and LCWRA and I am due to reach State pension age in 2 months time, I have already been notified by the DWP that my UC will stop but there was no mention of the LCWRA.
As I don’t have quite enough years of NI contributions to qualify for the Full New state pension I have already applied for pension credit and have also just sent off PIP application forms.
Will my LCWRA continue after state pension age? and is it dependent on either my pension credit application being successful? or being awarded PIP? and if so would I have to be awarded high rate? as I think I will be lucky just to be awarded the standard daily living rate.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LCWRA after State pension age
J

I'm afraid your LCWRA payments will cease, it is a "working age" benefit and you will no longer be of working age.

If you are thinking of making a new claim for PIP then you must do this before you reach State Retirement Age, if you leave it until SRA then you will not be able to claim PIP and will have to claim Attendance Allowance instead, the same criteria as DLA but with no Mobility component.

If you receive a PIP Daily Living oe AA award then you might be eligible for extra payments in any Pension Credit you might receive, depending on your personal circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287279 by Joany58
Replied by Joany58 on topic LCWRA after State pension age
Thanks for clearing that up Gordon, I have posted my Pip application form off today.

Many Thanks for your help

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287281 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCWRA after State pension age
Hi Joany58

If you do not qualify for full state pension then you may be eligible to claim Guarantee Pension Credit: www.gov.uk/pension-credit/eligibility, if you are eligible to claim daily living component of PIP then depending on your circumstances, you may get an additional pemium when you apply for GPC.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287343 by Joany58
Replied by Joany58 on topic LCWRA after State pension age
Thank you Gary, I will definitely look into that.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.