× Members

SAVINGS AND BANK BALANCE JUST OVER £6000 BUT IT VARIOUS WEEK TO WEEK

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287604 by BIS
Hi DC

You need to clarify with the DWP exactly what they require and whether once a year is enough.]

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287611 by Gordon
DC

You need to notify the DWP every time your savings and assets go over one of the £250 steps, it's up to you whether you tell them when it goes below one.

Pick a calendar day on the assumption that many of your expenditures are monthly, the 1st of the month or whichever day is most advantageous to you and use this to track your total.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B, DC

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287614 by Benson
I have ESA and have never had my statements requested, not once. My mum who got Pension Credit at the end of last year had them requested at the time of applying, no idea if she will be asked regularly. Does it depend on what benefit you are receiving as to whether if you will be asked for it on a regular basis ?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287625 by Gary
Hi Benson

It does not matter what benefit you are in receipt of, if you go over your capital allowance then you need to inform the relevant benefit office providing you are in receipt of a means tested benefit. If you are in receipt of a contribution based benefit then you do not need to notify.

Gary

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287627 by DC
i wrote to them in January and have proof, i asked how often i needed to send any info in & heard nothing back. They really dont help people with severe mental health & physical problems. They antagonise them and it seems thats what they want. Its pointless ringing them, several times ive been on hold by over an hour & then THEY cut the call off. I still await their reply. I simply cannot cope with sending in a weekly report of things that will have changed when they eventually open it, via the processing centre, which is then sent to the relevant office, which is then distributed by that office. I understand why people take their own lifes because of the bullying and guilt they put on you

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287628 by DC
so i would ned to call them every day or week and wait hours on the phone just to be ignored. unforgiveable

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.