× Members

Rang DWP

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288811 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Rang DWP
Gordon, I thought that I could ask for them to reconsider the PA4 before it got to the MR stage? Although I suspect that they don’t even bother to look at it seeing as so many people have to go for the MR, & tribunal.

I understood that I couldn’t do an MR unless I’d got the decision letter? I haven’t got it, I’ve only had the PA4. When I rang & asked DWP when I would get the decision letter, they said that it wouldn’t be for at least another 6 weeks. So meanwhile I thought I could do this, they agreed. They said I could do it over the phone but I wanted to put it in writing as there’s quite a bit to go through, plus I’d got more evidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288814 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rang DWP
B

There is a diminishing window for you to write to the DWP explaining why you think the PA4 is in error, but if you just phoned them I'm afraid it is not going to have any effect unless the phone operator took details of your concerns from you on the call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288816 by Bud
Gordon, so should I call again & they can take details? They did take details but I said I’d put it in writing as there’s about 20 pages. I suppose I should’ve just narrowed it down, but I didn’t think that there’d be enough info, unless they called me back & queried this. They seemed very keen for me to send the paperwork in. Sorry, I’ve been working on this for weeks & it’s taken it’s toll on me.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288822 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Rang DWP
Hi Bud,

I would follow your own suggestion with what you've said. Written is always much more powerful than verbally - you just never know when you're going to need something as concrete evidence.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288878 by Bud
Thanks Chris.

I’ve gone back to having yet another 🙄 look at it. After reading it many times some of it sounds very far fetched. If it wasn’t true it would be almost laughable. Then there’s the communications & going out that are linked, so I keep thinking that whilst I want to explain clearly, I don’t want to repeat.

Well, well, well, I only got my hard copy of the PA4 in the post today, Special Delivery. I only rang DWP yesterday, so unless it was already on its way they must’ve rushed it out. Although highly unlikely.

I’ve also had a letter about my Access Request. They say they will respond within a month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288901 by Bud
Thanks Chris.

That’s in the post now. I’ve followed up with a call, & got to speak to 3 people. They took notes of my reconsideration. Now I’m worried that they may just look at that & not bother looking at the letter. I have visions of them balancing on 2 legs of their chair, whilst laughing, & tearing it up. They tried their best to get me to wait for the MR. I don’t know what we’d all do without B&W, thanks so much everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.