× Members

PIP MR

More
1 month 1 week ago #289087 by PG
PIP MR was created by PG
After 13 months I’ve been contacted at 45mins notice by telephone to discuss my MR pending decision. The DWP representative was trying to talk me into withdrawing my MR and reapplying due to my condition worsening since the assessment. He argued that this would be better than a tribunal on the grounds he hinted he could not award me anything on the pre assessment information they hold. This is despite me recently winning a decision at a LCWRA tribunal from 6 up to 24 points and full award. I have forwarded this information on to the PIP.
I think I am being misled and would stand a good chance at a tribunal also with a new claim I would not get any amount backdated.
Do you agree I should ask for a Tribunal.
Thanks PG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289091 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR
PG

If your limitations have changed since the Decision was made then this change would be legally excluded from any appeal that you might make.

You can only appeal based on how you were when the Decision was made, so, you will have to decide what is the better option for you.

You can appeal and make a new claim but doing this will create what is called a Closed Decision in regard to the Tribunal, this means that whatever Decision the panel reaches it will only be in effect until the date of the new claim, after this the Decision from the new claim will be used.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.