× Members

PIP LCWRA backdated.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289099 by dccantona
PIP LCWRA backdated. was created by dccantona
Since 2022 I was on LCW and applied for a PIP. Naturally I scored 0 points and went to appeal; ending up at a tribunal. There I won my case ; awarded the higher amount for 5 years by the judge who tore into the DWP manager and backdated my claim to October 2022. My question is has anyone succesfully had a claim for LCWRA backdated and is there a time limit. I was already and am now on LCW. Therefore I understand it's a different claim but I don't want the stress of going to the JC as I have some issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289120 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP LCWRA backdated.
Hi dccantona

LCWRA starts from the 14th week, when you hand in your fit note to your workcoach. Claims can take over a year, if successful it should be backdated to the end of the assessment period.

To request an in time MR, this must be done within one month from the date on the decision letter, you can request an out of time MR with good cause within 13 monts of the date on the decision letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289127 by PG
Replied by PG on topic PIP LCWRA backdated.
Hi yes I’ve just had my LCWRA awarded up from 6points to 24 points for mobility and backdated 14 months At tribunal. I am now going through to PIP tribunal

More
1 month 1 week ago #289136 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP LCWRA backdated.
Hi PG,

I started in June 2023 trying to get LCWRA - I followed the descriptors, and have been knocked back on several ocassions, and I am now at the upper tribunal stage. I don't know why, but I strongly suspect that they've been told to start declining applications for LCWRA. I have more than enough evidence to be put on it, but they insist in keeping me in the LCW group. Just to pre-warn you, in case it happens to you also. :(

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.