× Members

Mandatory Telephone Interview listed on my Journal

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289553 by The-Optimist
Hello,

I am in receipt of UC in the LCWRA group. A message on my journal reads -

Hi Anthony
A Mandatory Telephone Interview has been scheduled for you on Tuesday, 09/04/2024 between 9:00 and 9:15am. Please note I cannot give a specific time and the call may take up to 30 minutes. The call you receive will be from an 0800 or 0300 number and it is essential that you are available for this appointment to ensure you are receiving the correct amount of Universal Credit. If your number has changed, please update your claim prior to the review. Failure to make yourself available or if we can’t contact you may give rise to a doubt in your entitlement to Universal Credit and your payments may be suspended. If you cannot communicate adequately in English, please provide an interpreter. If you cannot provide an interpreter, DfC will provide one on your behalf. Please reply informing us what your first language is, so we can arrange.
Regards
Dessie

It's been about 18 months since my last reassessment which was sent by letter. I resent them all my paper evidence, didn't have any type of interview and was awarded it again with no changes.

It just sounds kinda threatening so I'm worried and it's not specific on the details.

Has anyone received this before and could they advise?

Many thanks,

Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289556 by Chris
Hi Anthony,

I think this is standard practice, as it happened to me last year, however I had to fill in a UC50 form, and then was re-assessed at a later date. Despite me having evidence that I should be placed in the LCWRA group, I was placed in LCW group. I completed an MR which was declined, then I went to the courts, and it was declined again, then the first tier, which it was declined yet again advising me that there was no error of law, only facts, which still has me baffled to this day, but I eventually just accepted that I am in that group. Be prepared however for your assessment, and that it's likely to have incorrect information from the assessor. This has happened to me on 3 ocassions, and also I've read hundreds on here, who have complained about the same thing.
Hopefully one of our other claimants has had a more recent experience than mine, and can maybe's offer you their opinion(s).

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: The-Optimist, MDBond

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289558 by The-Optimist
Replied by The-Optimist on topic Mandatory Telephone Interview listed on my Journal
I should add that I am also in receipt of PIP and was reassessed quite recently. The advocacy group filled out the short form for me and I was awarded another 3 years with no changes also so hopefully this might stand me in good stead too.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289565 by robreay
It's possibly a review of your claim to check that your circumstances are the same. I wouldn't have thought that a work capability assessment would be scheduled via a UC Journal. WCA's are usually carried out by a health assessment company and it is normal to send an appointment letter through the post, not to contact someone through a UC journal to which they don't (or shouldn't) have access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The-Optimist

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289583 by Jones1988
This wouldn't be a health related LCWRA review. Its a general UC claim review. See discussion below with similar UC Journal message.
forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/99513/uc-risk-review-team
The following user(s) said Thank You: The-Optimist

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.