× Members

Whether to migrate - advice please

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #289769 by headabovethewater
Whether to migrate - advice please was created by headabovethewater
Thank you for any advice as always much appreciated. I have been watching all of the migration letter posts avidly whilst trying to decide what to do with our migration letter. I dont think, sorry for ignorance on the terminology, we have been on legacy benefits? But have had a small amount of tax credits, (used to be have child tax credits, kids now older)
I am in receipt of pip and in first year of new style esa and have been placed in the support group.
I am in a bad decline with health and don't feel I can deal with job centre/forms/ and all it will/may entail to migrate, if I don't will it affect my esa or pip payments? Would they just continue as usual and I lose the tax credit (which is from husbands working)
Apologies to those who are not in a position to decide this i dont mean to cause offence, but I'm trying to choose what little bit I can cut and weigh against what my health can cope with- what a rubbish set up 😕

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289787 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Whether to migrate - advice please
hatw

You are asking for financial advice which we cannot provide on the forum.

I can tell you, providing your ESA is Contribution Based then it will continue in payment whatever decision you make, although you need to be aware that it will be deducted from any UC £ for £.

Your PIP is not affected by the transition and will also remain in payment whatever choice you make.

You might want to consider using one of the online benefit calculators to see what you might receive under UC, remember there will be Transitional Protection so you will not receive less and may get more.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #289814 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic Whether to migrate - advice please
Apologies it must be the way I've worded it, is new style esa contribution based? I know I had to have paid 2 years NI.
If I do nothing then new style esa and pip would continue is what I am trying to ask, thank you again

More
1 month 1 week ago #289815 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Whether to migrate - advice please
hatw

New Style ESA is a Contribution Based benefit and would remain in payment if you do not claim UC, if you do then it will be deducted £ for £ from any UC that is payable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.