× Members

Change of circumstance

More
1 month 1 week ago #289806 by guildster
Change of circumstance was created by guildster
My Wife has been on higher rate DLA for over twenty years both care and mobility. in that time her condition has worsened and has other conditions which has made her situation worse. As she is on the highest rate does she need to inform the DWP. Or wait for the inevitable PIP migration? Kindest regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289811 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Change of circumstance
Hi guildster,

They normally tell you what changes need to be reported on the forms. I'll see if I can find them. Me personally, if it doesn't alter your benefit award, then I can't see the point, but thats the DWP to a tea!

www.gov.uk/pip/change-of-circumstances

This link will help you - it mentions informing them of a change of condition, if this is going to impact the amount of time left to live that you have.

Hope this helps, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289820 by guildster
Replied by guildster on topic Change of circumstance
Thank you for your quick response Chris. We will leave it as it is, we didn’t want to fall foul of any rules pertaining to a worsening condition whilst on higher rates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.