× Members

LCWRA backpay

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #289888 by riversong
LCWRA backpay was created by riversong
Hi after a accident at work AUG 2023 i was signed off work by my GP in Jan 24 ,i passed the LCWRA medical assessment, in my journal i had things to do on my to do list, i called UC up on phone and was informed i did not have to do anything and that i would receive backpay in March 2024. last week i called UC because i did not recieve anything, who said i must put request in my journal and the case manager would respond ,i have had a response back in my journal saying i am not entitled to any backpay i am confused as to why i was informed i was entitled to backpay, and then told i was not entitled. Your advice would be apprecated
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #289904 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCWRA backpay
Hi riversong

We cannot comment on the backpay as we do not have enough information, we would advise you to seek helpfrom your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

As a general rule the assessment period starts from when you hand in a fit note, we would advise claimants to make a note on their journal when you hand in a fit note.

The assessment period is 13 weeks from when your fit note is handed in. What this means is that your claim will not be backdated during this period, your backdate should start from the 14 week when you handed in your fit note.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.