× Members

ESA, Housing Benefit, and moving home when the Council has changed

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290027 by Jones1988
Hi Otterysteve,
I am going to be in Shepton on Monday so I can pop into the offices at Shape and see if they have an answer to your question on HB. Also I am a member of a mental health support group in Somerset and they are very good so it would be worthwhile to try and contact them. Here is a link.
openmentalhealth.org.uk/localities/mendip/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290028 by Gary
Hi Otterysteve

The question I would ask yourself who do you pay your council tax too and who pay's your Housing Benefit?

The answer to these questions will answer your question.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290047 by Jones1988
Hi Otterysteve,
I've spoken this afternoon to Mendip Housing Benefit and the rules are the same as before regarding moving in Somerset. So if you move out of Mendip your HB is closed and you'll need to claim UC for help with rent. So unfortunately that restricts moving to Sedgemoor and the other Somerset areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.