× Members

LCWRA and ESA

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290042 by Olive
LCWRA and ESA was created by Olive
Hi,

I have a few questions about LCWRA:-

If you have had a WCA and awarded LCWRA, if you later on apply for NS ESA:-

1) as you already have LCWRA, are you automatically put in the support group?

2) are you paid the support group amount from the very start of your esa application - or do you still have to wait the 13 weeks until you receive the support group amount?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LCWRA and ESA
Olive

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

If you had LCWRA what has stopped the claim?

To make a new claim for NS ESA you will still need to meet the Contribution Conditions, if you have spent any previous time on ESA, legacy or New then you struggle to do this.

You may be able to meet the Second Condition from the Class 1 NI Credits that ESA pays but you will have to have worked (with sufficient earnings) for a total of at least 26 weeks in the correct Tax Year to meet the First.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290070 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic LCWRA and ESA
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, my situation is confusing because it's not what most people have had to put up with!

I know that if someone is awarded the ESA support group and they apply for UC, then they automatically are given LWCRA.

So my question was basically does this also apply the other way around?
eg. if you already have LCWRA and apply again for ESA (with the right contribution conditions) would you automatically be put into the support group?

Thanks

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #290092 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LCWRA and ESA
Olive

Yes, in these circumstances you would be automatically awarded LCWRA in a new NS ESA claim.

Don't forget the NS ESA will be treated as income in regard to UC and deducted £ for £ from it.

Also, UC only pays Class 3 Credits which do not count towards the Contribution Conditions for NS ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Olive

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290098 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic LCWRA and ESA
Thank you very much Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.