× Members

Pip review!

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290044 by Filey
Pip review! was created by Filey
Hi, all. After winning my Sons tribunal appeal, it is now my turn for the pip review! Last year I was put in the Lcwra group as I have spine and leg problems, after having to claim universal credit. My actual pip is for hand related conditions and these new problems with my spine , I didn't have when it was my last pip review in 2022. Do I put these new conditions on my 2024 pip review as I am unsure what to do? Also, in my 2022 review, had a face to face and she awarded me 2 points each for dressing, cooking etc but she scored me 0 points for bathing etc, but this was when covid first hit us and Dwp awarded me the 2 points for bathing , solely due to covid. So I am abit worried now, as I'm sure they will pick up on this from the last 2022 review, as they did the same with my Sons review, which also happened when covid hit us. Does anyone have any advise about this please? Thank you .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290060 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip review!
Hi Filey

The way to complete a PIP review form is to treat it as a new claim. You need to go to page 129 on the PIP guide to find details on the review.

A pip 1043 form is another name for an AR1 short review form, it should still say AR1 at the bottom left of each page. Its best to treat all reviews as you would a new claim.

If nothing has changed since your previous pip assessment, its best to explain in detail what has changed and what has stayed the same and how you’re finding each task.

If you have an up to date review of your treatment, therapy and medication it could be helpful to include this also.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NINO at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you feel you do not have enough time to complete this form you should be able to arrange an extension by calling the DWP and explain that you need a bit extra time.

I hope all goes smoothly for you, try and fill in the form over a few days and take plenty of breaks, from previous experience I know this can be very stressful attempting filling the form all in one go, use our guide to help you complete the form; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290072 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip review!
Hi, thank you very much. I've jotted all that down. Yes, I agree with pacing the form over a few days as it is very stressful! Thank you again. 😀

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290094 by Filey
Hi again. Would it be helpful to send the universal credit report made by a Doctor when they were assessing what supoort group I should be in , when I was being assessed for work activity etc? I do know that pip review and universal credit lcwra are not the same . I'm just unsure how to approach this , as the new conditions relating to my back were not present at my other pip reviews. This is a new condition and I do not recieve pip for this and I don't intend to claim further pip etc for this new condition. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #290105 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review!
Filey

You can include the report but be aware that there is limited overlap between the WCA and PIP criteria, there is a document in the PIP area that highlights the similarities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filey

More
1 week 6 days ago #290165 by Filey
Thank you. When I had a face to face with the health assessor in 2022 she award me all points for daily living, dressing, cooking etc but she failed me with the bathing and scored me 0 but as previously mentioned, dwp still awarded me the 2 points due to covid outbreak. And now the dwp will be looking at my 2022 review form for this 2024 review, so I was wondering if the universal credit report would help support my bathing points for this pip review.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.