× Members

Rubbish PIP assessment, but delays mean everything's changed.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290078 by ProperBrew
Hello,

I had a pretty rubbish PIP assessment over the phone on the 21st March, I requested the assessment and the assessors decision brings my award from High Mobility and Standard Care to nil.

Due to covid delays, my award has rolled on and when I filled in the paperwork a few months ago the amount of intervention I have now is vastly different.

I am expecting the decision to come through any day now and will put through for an MR but I am wondering whether I am able to introduce such a huge amount of new evidence and care plans etc... when they weren't part of the review?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #290109 by Gordon
PB

Yes, you can but it is unlikely to be that simple, those assessing you will almost certainly argue that your current problems were questioned in the assessment and you failed to show that you met the criteria for an award.

Obviously, this is not as black and white as those arguing against an award would make it but you cannot rely on their changing this view by your just providing more recent evidence, you must try and bridge the evidence to their comments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProperBrew

More
1 week 6 days ago #290167 by ProperBrew
Thank you,

I did try to mention the new interventions but the assessor wasn't clear on the intensity of it. As it is even since the assessment I now have a social worker, a new GP and new medication regime.

Medical team has been lovely preparing letters and care plans already but I am not sure whether I wait and MR or just start a fresh claim now?

More
1 week 6 days ago #290170 by Gordon
PB

You can do both if you wish.

The advantage of the MR if successful is that your monies will be backdated, the downside to a new claim is that it will limit any Decision resulting from the MR. So, If your MR is successful but your new claim is not then it is the latter Decision that will be carried forward from the date you made the claim.

You will have to decide which of the three options; MR, new claim, or both, you wish to pursue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProperBrew

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.