× Members

reinstating PIP

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290089 by jaxw17
reinstating PIP was created by jaxw17
I am the appointee for my son who suffers from severe mental health problems as well as an acquired brain injury.
He was getting PIP at the full rate he went missing and was homeless over 12 months ago. He was eventually picked up at the otherside of the country.
He was in crises very psychotic and a danger to himself and others. As a place of safety he was put in Bellmarsh prison until a mental health bed could be found in Lancashire.
They stopped his pit somethig I did not realise for some 3 months and his Universal credit. After a lot of fighting I got his UC reinstated.
I understood that he was in hospital he would not be eligible for the care component but was told eventually by someone at the DWP he was eligible for the mobility part . They paid him this for a few months and then they just stopped it not letter informing him so no decision to ask for a mandatory reconsideration on. He has now moved to independent living as such I feel the whole award should be reinstated.
I am in the process of contacting them but have been cut off every day this week.
Just wanted some thoughts before I finally get to speak to them. Any tips on how to contact the regard best time of day etc Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #290118 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reinstating PIP
j

In regard to your contacting the DWP, the Helpline opens at 8am weekdays, I would avoid Monday.

I would also advice you to get face-to-face advice

advicelocal.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaxw17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.