× Members

LCWRA and making craft items

More
1 week 6 days ago #290156 by Alison
LCWRA and making craft items was created by Alison
I have LCWRA and started to make and sell small items of costume jewellery. I have a work allowance if £185 a week and after expenses I am not meeting this limit. I have only been doing it for 4 weeks and keeping accounts. I’ve looked at the permîtes work form and it says it has to be with a superviser person so this form doesn’t seem relevant as I don’t have that.
Do I need to talk to a work coach?
Also I will be moving into my own place and claiming help with rent costs. I get a small amount of UC at the moment but don’t claim for help with housing costs. Will any profit I make from selling the jewellery be deducted from my UC ? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290184 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCWRA and making craft items
Hi Alison

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Thank you for your question, your question looks quite simple but unfortunately it has no simple answer as lots of factors come into play when you are self-employed such as minimum income floor unless you are in a 12 month start up period.

I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , depending on your age, you may want to talk to an adviser at the princes Trust; www.princes-trust.org.uk/how-we-can-help...rt-starting-business.

Ask yourself the question is it a hobby or a start up business?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 5 days ago #290193 by Jones1988
Replied by Jones1988 on topic LCWRA and making craft items
Hi Alison,
Permitted Work is only available in ESA and not in Universal Credit. You are exempt from the Minimum Income Floor as you have LCWRA. You will need to inform UC of any profit you make but as you have a work allowance it is unlikely to be above the work allowance amount so there won't be deductions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.