× Members

Pip form

More
1 week 6 days ago #290168 by Clueless_
Pip form was created by Clueless_
I’ve just sent off my PIP2 form and I’ve never felt so anxious about a piece of paper! I don’t have any supporting evidence because my doctors are useless and I don’t know how else to access the information I need, but I’ve done it now and I feel I’ll be stressed until I’ve got a decision back! I have followed the guide BW have provided to the best of my ability so hoping that’s enough to get me over the finish line!
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290182 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip form
Hi Clueless

Well done for getting the form off. I hope you do not have to wait too long to hear anything. In the future, if you need information from your medical notes, you could have requested them from your GP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clueless_

More
1 week 5 days ago #290195 by Clueless_
Replied by Clueless_ on topic Pip form
Thank you! I did ask my GP for medical notes but they said they don’t have access to them and they aren’t on the system as they were paper notes from before everything was computerised. They sadly never offered me any help in obtaining these forms and I am out of my depth with where to start in finding the right information from my notes to give as supporting evidence. So we will see how it goes but I’m feeling very anxious about everything.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290216 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip form
Hi Clueless_

I'm sorry that your doctors were not more helpful. According to the government, by 1996 - 96% of GPs used electronic records. Many have had computerised records since the 1980s. I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't give you anything. If you need your notes sometime in the future - you could ask to speak to your practice manager and put in a SAR (Subject Access Request) and they should provide you with a copy of your medical notes. People often get provided with a cd with the information, though some do give paper copies.

I hear what you're saying that you wouldn't know what to send into the DWP - but I want you to know you should be able to get hold of something, and there might be someone in your life who could assist you in choosing what would be useful if you need evidence.

Getting hold of old paper records can be difficult - because they may have been destroyed. However, someone should be able to confirm how long records are kept at your GPs and where they are stored if they exist. The length of time they keep them is not consistent. A friend of mine got some records a couple of years ago that were thirty years old - she was lucky and she did have to go back to a previous GP to get them.

If the DWP think they need medical evidence, they should contact your GP and ask for it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, C

More
1 week 4 days ago #290268 by Clueless_
Replied by Clueless_ on topic Pip form
Thank you. Every time I’ve asked I’ve always been told that they don’t have the records so I think I will look into speaking with the practice manager and getting a SAR. I didn’t know it was something I could do but I will be looking more into this now as I feel like I am being fobbed off by them when I ask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

More
1 week 4 days ago #290274 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip form
Hi Clueless_

I think even some of the people who actually work there probably don't really understand or know what's what!
It seems to be all over the place these days, being told different things, from different people.

Regards, Chris

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.