× Members

ESA reduced and modest private pension under £85 weekly allowance

More
1 week 6 days ago #290359 by Malcolm
Hi Gordan,
Many thanks to you and your colleages I'm starting to understand what's happened.
But ESA haven't really explained what they've done.

Today, notwithstanding the LA being notified, ESA hasn't informed us of moving from ESA (IB) to ESA (CB) and we were expecting his ESA payment to arrive today.
Instead he’s got DWP JSA £269
Can they just move someone who was in the ESA to JSA and decide without any medical evidence?

My partner of over 30 years is not fit for work, his psychiatrist said so in the letter for PIP review.
He is still in secondary care, totally dependent on others mental and physically, has enduring and complex MH ( bipolar, anxiety depression) and physical health issues (COPD Emphysema.. on daily medications to prevent seizures…and 21 other types of meds)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290360 by Gordon
M

Your partner has not been moved to JSA, the ESA payment system is piggy-backed onto the JSA so if the DWP have to do a manual payment for ESA it often shows as JSA on the transaction ID.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 6 days ago #290365 by Malcolm
Phew, thank you that is a relief. I was freaking out JSA means taking him to the job center in his wheelchair, expected to be looking for work. The unnecessary stress the DWP causes is a national shame.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.