× Members

Mobility descriptor

More
1 week 6 days ago #290270 by boomerangguy
Mobility descriptor was created by boomerangguy
I received my PIP review and received the Standard Award in both, although I believe I should have enhanced in both.

I am particularly confused about the decision in regard to mobility. They acknowledge I suffer from overwhelming stress and awarded me 10 points. However the furthermore acknowledge I need to have my wife and or son to take me out to medical appointments etc. The decision seemed to suggest that because my family were not medical, or professional support they were irrelevant to my claim.

Does the F) descriptor require the help you need as medically trained? I see no condition for that in the descriptor. I believe I should be receiving 12 points for this descriptor what do you think? Obviously I am concerned about appealing and the addition stress involved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility descriptor
bg

Which Descriptor did you receive the ten points for?

(d) unable to follow a route to an unfamiliar destination

or

(e) unable to leave your home to follow a route

I regard to following a route (d) and (f) there is no legal requirement for the person to be a professional or to have any form of medical training. A family member is perfectly fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.