× Members

ESA telephone medical looming

More
1 week 6 days ago #290350 by rocco1504
Replied by rocco1504 on topic ESA telephone medical looming
Hi
Actually, M has never been diagnosed with BDD, in the past she's always been diagnosed with Social Anxiety and depression, but a couple of years ago I was doing some research into what could be the real reason for her disability and stumbled across the description of BDD and it just fits her symptoms like it was created to describe her, so about 8 months ago we went to see her doctor and I suggested that her real problem was BDD and the GP didn't actually agree but she didn't say it wasn't, but all she was offered was Anti Depressants and a course of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy sessions by the local health authorities, but she didn't go for it as neither have worked in the past.
So now I suppose it's back to the GP and see if she can get referred to a Psychiatrist.
Oh and if your community health team don't recognise it, tell them that the DWP do and there's a description of the symptoms in their book of medical conditions.
Good luck with everything. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.