× Members

off sick from work for 3 months

More
1 week 6 days ago #290285 by jon
off sick from work for 3 months was created by jon
don't know if this is the page to post this. but some advice would be helpful.
i had an accident at work in feb this year, i have been off sick since.

there was a problem with the hand brake on my work van, you would pull the hand brake up, then move your foot of the brake pedal, as you were exciting the van it would start moving, you then had to pull the hand brake up another 3 or so clicks.i verbally told my supervisor and the fleet manager on numerous occasions. the fleet manager just told me it was a 2 stage hand brake and that it was meant to be like that.
on 13th feb i did the handbrake and got out, my work partner then shouted to me that the van was rolling, so i jumped sideways through the door to pull the hand brake up, and hit my ribs on the seat controls , this caused a lot of pain and sleepless nights ever since.
i had a letter from my firm to attend a video conference on Tuesday ref the incident, citing concerns and that i might be subject to disciplinary measures from it. the conference consisted of me my union rep, and HR , my manager and my supervisor. should there have been someone from health and safety there as well. I got the feeling from the meeting that they are trying to get rid of me.
i then had a occupational health person ring me on Wednesday.on the meeting they wanted to know why i didn't report the accident on the day,i did see my supervisor the next morning and informed him of it, i asked for it to be put in the accident book, be he refused and just told me to near miss it, he is going to say he cant remember or what ever.
clearly my next move is to put a accident claim against them isn't it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290310 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic off sick from work for 3 months
Hi jon

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum, you need to ask your Union rep, you may also want to speak to ACAS; www.acas.org.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 5 days ago #290323 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic off sick from work for 3 months
Hi Jon, I agree with Gary and don’t have anything to add - but I wanted to say that I really feel for you, and I hope that eventually there will be a just outcome to this part of your life.
Catherine.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.