× Members

Pip assessment

More
1 week 6 days ago #290293 by Joany58
Pip assessment was created by Joany58
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this- My Pip telephone assessment was due last week, the day before I received a phone call asking if I would agree to someone sitting in on the call for training purposes and also if I would be prepared to give feedback a week after my assessment.
I agreed to both.
On the day of my assessment I received a call saying that the assessor was delayed by 1.5 hours. After waiting for 1.5 hours I had my assessment.
The assessor was a nurse, very nice although it was obvious to me that she was rushing through the questions.
I still don’t know the outcome, I rang the pip helpline and was told my report was with the DWP case manager and no decision had been made and I haven’t yet had the call to give feedback. I haven’t heard of anyone being asked to give feedback before, is this a new thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290295 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip assessment
Hi Joany58,
I have come across this once - it is all part of the training process for new assessors. You can't read anything into it regarding the outcome of your assessment.
It is unfortunately early days yet to have their decision, but have you requested a copy of the PA4 form? This is the form which the assessor completes during the assessment and on which the DWP base their decision. It is worth requesting a copy now. If you disagree with something substantial in it, you can inform the DWP before the decision is made (making clear that this is Mandatory Reconsideration Request), and you are also pre-armed with it if you do need to continue to make an MR.
Hopefully though everything went smoothly, and you will get the right award at the first hurdle.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 6 days ago #290299 by Joany58
Replied by Joany58 on topic Pip assessment
Thanks for that Catherine, I will request a copy of the PA4 form tomorrow.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290304 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Pip assessment
Just before my assessment I was asked if l’d mind someone sitting in for training purposes too. Although I wasn’t asked to give feedback. I must admit I wasn’t quite sure if I was being assessed by the trainee or trainer. The assessor was a nurse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joany58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.