× Members

Severe disability premium

More
1 week 6 days ago #290424 by Gracie89
Severe disability premium was created by Gracie89
Hi, I've just been awarded PIP and receive income related ESA, so they've sent me a letter and little form saying I may be entitled to severe disability premium. I have checked the criteria and I seem to meet it all, and have sent back the form. As I meet what it says does this mean I will definitely get it? How long will I wait to hear back from the form? And will it be backdated? I've had PIP backdated 5 months as that's how long the claim - decision took, so will I get the premium backdated until I started PIP claim too? Many thanks for your advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290480 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Severe disability premium
Hi Gracie89

The SDP became payable from the first day that all three of the following applied.

1. You had an award of ESA and we’re receiving or were entitled to receive Income Related ESA or Pension Credit.

2. You had an award of PIP Daily Living

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

In answer to your question, if all 3 of the above apply the SDP will be backdated to when your PIP became payable.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.