× Members

how long between sending reassessment LCWRA form and getting an appointment?

More
1 week 5 days ago #290426 by Christian
Hi guy, I have decided to let DWP know about an amelioration in my condition (RA). I know I will be sent a form to complete but what I would like to know is how long will it take for DWP to set a date for reassessment? I hear they are having huge backlogs, will that affect the length of time?
Thanks for your well anticipated replies.
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290453 by BIS
Hi Christian

Unfortunately, we have absolutely no idea. Their focus is getting through new claims, so it's inevitable that reviews and reassessments are being delayed. What time frame are they working to? We just don't know. You could hear in a matter of weeks - approx 6) and you might not hear for 6 months or much longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 1 day ago #290603 by Christian
Hi BIS
Hi BIS, Thanks for that! As it happens, after leaving a note in my journal about having regained good mobility in my lower limbs, I did receive a nice reply telling me not to worry about the reassessment, as they will let me know when it's my time. (I was given Medium term from Dec2021)
Well, I am somehow, breathing better 🙂
Thanks again.
Christian

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.