× Members

PIP Review Result

More
1 week 5 days ago #290435 by blandie
PIP Review Result was created by blandie
I just wanted to give a pip update and thank B&W for all your help and wonderful guides.
My partner had a review form 10 months ago. I filled it in with her and enclosed the repeat prescription paper but no other evidence. I know I could have written a letter of support but it felt a bit pointless/repetitive as I was helping fill the form with her. The review form said not to enclose evidence already submitted so I did what they said. Although we gave a mobile number we heard nothing at all until the beginning of April when a text arrived saying a decision letter would be here in 2 weeks. It arrived after 1 week. Previously she had 2 x enhanced for 5 yrs. The award was the same but for 6 years with fewer points given.
We answered every question in reasonable detail but put ‘change’ or ‘no change’ at the start of each question.
Clearly they did a paper review which was quite a surprise as previously she has always had face to face home visits.
A few days after the decision letter came a letter dated early March arrived giving a 12 month extension because a decision had yet to be made, so they are still sending that type of letter.
As I am sure many members are finding the long wait very stressful often causing a deterioration, I thought I would let you know it could all end suddenly for the good.
Thank you once again for the great guides and excellent advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, C, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290456 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review Result
Hi Blandie

Thank you for taking the time to give an update. It's always useful for other members to hear of other people's experiences.

Many congratulations on your partner's successful review. As they are trying to give out shorter awards overall - six is good and I'm glad she didn't have to go through a telephone/videor or face to face assessment.

Glad to hear the guides helped you both through the process. Well done.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

More
1 week 4 days ago #290488 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Review Result
Hi blandie,
Many thanks for the update. Well done in your success. Hearing about good news will help inspire other claimants to pursue their claim.
It is also good to know that you have found B&W helpful.
Again well done.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 3 days ago #290495 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic PIP Review Result
Thank you so much for your post, I have also got a review form t be filled in, and I must say I haven't even started it yet, why you ask because I fear for the result because I simply have not extra evidence to summit because when ever.
Basically I used to go told by the doctor it was always you just have to get on with it, you have seen everyone you need to see and yes I must agree. And with the coming of Covid that is still around, I have not seen a doctor for nearly 3 1/2 years. Yes, I have new things connected with my illnesses, but I simply have to put up with it.

So I'm going to have to summit this paper work with nothing I'm so worried, but I must, I do feel a lot happier now Thank You very much Blandie

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, C

More
1 week 2 days ago #290538 by River
Replied by River on topic PIP Review Result
That's brilliant, well done and it must be quite a relief. I had a positive outcome recently too (though my post about it seems to have been a bit missed). The first time I got PIP I didn't have a phone or in-person assessment either, though this last time i did. I got four years which seems pretty good but six is (obviously) even better. Hope you're celebrating somehow!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.