× Members

Capability to work form

More
1 week 4 days ago #290439 by Mockingbird61
Capability to work form was created by Mockingbird61
Hi,

I have to fill in capacity for work form. I have been absent from work for 7 months I have lupus and anxiety and depression. My ultimate goal is to return to work.
I get PiP enhanced rate for one area and standard for mobility.
I just wanted some advice on the impact of this form can my employers {local council 33 years}
Dismiss me on result of this form.
I am so worried and cant stop crying.
Kind Regards
Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #290503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability to work form
M

There is no reason why your employer would be aware of the assessment and its result unless you tell them yourself.

That said, prolonged absence can lead to a capability assessment by your employer which can lead to dismissal on health grounds, you should get local advice about this possibility from a union, ACAS or an advice agency.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mockingbird61

More
1 week 2 days ago #290534 by Mockingbird61
Replied by Mockingbird61 on topic Capability to work form
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply
I had an absence review with HR and it was them who mentioned Stage 1 capability for work assessment. I though they would be involved in the process

Kind Regards
Linda

More
1 week 2 days ago #290543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability to work form
M

My apologies, I thought you were talking about a New Style ESA Work Capability form.

To answer your original question, this assessment is to see whether you are still able to do your job, whether you could do it with adaptions by your employer or whether it is unlikely that you will be able to return to it, in the latter's case they will be looking at whether another job may be doable or whether your employment should be terminated.

As previously advised speak to a union or local advice centre, failing that ACAS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.