× Members

PIP review question

More
1 week 4 days ago #290472 by Emma
PIP review question was created by Emma
Hello

My PIP has come up for review and I am using your so helpful resources to help me navigate it. (I was awarded enhanced rate for both components on a MR after initially scoring 0 - thank you to the wonderful people here who were very supportive - I was very distressed at the time.)

My question is what do I measure my current difficulties against? Do I compare them to my descriptions previously (in my PIP2 form), in which case things are largely unchanged? Or do I compare them to the award I was given, in which case they are worse?

I'm not sure how clear I am being. Despite being awarded (just) enhanced rates for both components, the scores I was given vastly underestimated my limitations and need for support. So when the AR1 form asks if things have changed I feel uncertain whether to say yes or no.... (I will try to give a full description as in a PIP2 form anyway.)

Hoping someone can answer this. Not at all sure that I have explained my difficulty properly...

Emma
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #290486 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP review question
Hi Emma,
It appears that you have used your full name, which you might wish to change.
I'm assuming that whatever you wrote in the original PIP2 concerning your limitations was correct. If I understand correctly since that time your health and hence level of disability has become worse. DWP did award enhanced rate of Daily Living and Mobility but perhaps did not award points for everything.
I'll start with the last point first. Once DWP have determined 12 points eg on 3 descriptors the law states they don't have to consider other descriptors.
So, to deal with the review, this is what I suggest.
OK, here is an example - maybe originally you needd an aid to help with bathing. However now because your health is worse you now need personal help to wash your whole body
You could write something like
The arthritis in my hands and legs has become noticeably worse since last September. This is confirmed on xrays and in the doctor's report attached. There is also evidence of widespread arthritis in the spine. Now I can no longer bend my left knee, and I have severe shoulder pain on both sides and limited movement in each arm. Due to a combination of very severe pain and very restricted range of movement I can not wash myself and need physical help to wash my entire body.
I should receive 8 pts 4g

....or you might say
I was previously awarded 2 points for needing an aid to wash. This did not reflect the true nature of my disabilities. I explained on the PIP2 claim form that due to severe pain and very restricted range of movements in my arms and legs, caused by degenerative arthritis I was unable to wash myself at all and needed another person to do this for me. I need help to wash my entire body. My health condition has not improved, and the arthritis has spread into my spine. I am still entitled to 8 points - 4g

Or you can say
I was awarded 2 points for needing help to wash my upper body. Due to severe arthritis in my arms and back I can not lift my arms to be able to do this safely and to an acceptable standard. I remain unable to lift my arms, and therefore I should continue to receive 2 points. 4d.

I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJC, anees292, Emma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.