× Members

Cramp fasciculation syndrome

More
1 week 4 days ago #290489 by Gallyg
Cramp fasciculation syndrome was created by Gallyg
Can you claim pip mobility for cramp facilitation syndrome .

I had this for many years . When I have an outbreak of it it can affect my mobility to zero. Then after it’s stopped, I am drained and my legs so hurt and feel bruised and heavy .

Does anyone else suffer with this ?

Thank yau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #290507 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Cramp fasciculation syndrome
Hi Gallyg

It is not so much the medical condition itself as how that condition impacts your daily living and/or mobility. I had never heard of this before and was interested - this is the link I went to www.uclahealth.org/news/rare-cramp-fasci...itches%20or%20cramps.

As it is a rare condition - you should certainly include something from a reputable website to explain it. Don't assume anyone reading your form will have any knowledge or experience of it or understand what impact it has on you unless you tell them.

The issue will be is - does it affect you for the majority of the time? You will need to show that the outbreaks and the aftermath affect you for the majority of the time. This may be four or more days out of seven. Of course you may have an outbreak and then not have one for a while - so you may need to describe it over a longer length of time. On the other hand, you may have outbreaks more frequently. Just make it as clear as you can and show how this would affect you as per the specific pip criteria.

I know you have only mentioned mobility here - but it may have an impact on you with the issues under the daily living.

Do have a look at our Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews. It is a large document, but on each question there are examples of how you may answer them.

Do come back and ask if you have any further questions.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 3 days ago #290510 by Gallyg
Replied by Gallyg on topic Cramp fasciculation syndrome
Thank you so so much . Yes I do get lower rate for depression and other issues . But not for mobility.
I remember way back when I had my phone call they ladies words were “but you can walk can’t you” yes I can I told her , but with pain and after a certain point I can no longer walk a step without help .
But when the CFS happens which sometimes can be every day or it maybe just a few days .. but it’s also the knock on effect as you know as soon as you start walking (even just around the house ) it can be extremely painful .. it seems to be getting me down a lot more . And prevents me from doing a lot of things that is like to do ..

I will defiantly print off about it and include it in my next renewal .
At the moment I am under pain clinic for my other pains .
Trying to explain to them that there is nothing I can do when I have CFS apart from rise with it is pretty hard . Like you not many people have heard of it . They just assume it’s normal cramp . I always get told “ drink more water “ but it’s not to do with water 🙂

Thank you yet again and thank you for taking the time to read up about it 🙂

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.