× Members

Pip report

More
1 week 3 days ago #290493 by Joany58
Pip report was created by Joany58
Hi, Hoping you can clarify this for me, I have my pip report back, seems I’ve only scored 6 points for Daily living,
My conditions are upper limb restrictions so the mobility component wasn’t applicable to me.
The only descriptors I could possibly score points on are Dressing and undressing, washing and bathing and preparing food.
I use aids but live alone so don’t have any physical assistance.
As I only scored (b) 2 points on each for needing to use aids but I don’t have assistance, supervision or need prompting to take meds etc it seems impossible to get the standard rate of DL, is that correct? or will the comments for each descriptor be taken into account?
(In the Recommendation and evidence used section for each one it says “suggest she would not be able to dress or undress/wash and bathe, prepare and cook a meal “ Reliably without the use of suitable aids)
Do you think I will be penalised for living alone even though every day is a struggle or will the reliability comments give me extra points?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #290519 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip report
Hi Joany58

Remember, when applying for PIP, it is not so much the condition per se that the DWP is interested in, but how that condition/s impacts a claimant's daily life and mobility as set out in the PIP criteria. We are not assessors or medical professionals, so cannot give a view on what you will get and at what level. Two people can have identical conditions but be given different awards.

You should not be penalised for living alone, I cannot answer the last part of your question as I am not a decision maker.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #290537 by River
Replied by River on topic Pip report
From what I read, I think in the B&W guide and possibly also on the forum, it doesn't matter so much whether you actually GET help as whether you are seen to NEED it. For example, I was given 4 points for the 'preparing food' activity, because 'you need supervision or assistance from another person to prepare or cook a simple meal', even though I live alone and don't GET that supervision or assistance. I had described my difficulties in the review form and assessment and that's what the report reflects. Hope that helps?
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Catherine

More
1 week 2 days ago #290581 by Joany58
Replied by Joany58 on topic Pip report
Thanks so much River, that certainly give me hope, I do struggle every single day with those activities and living alone does mean that I need supervision or assistance but don’t get it and hopefully I have also put that across in my assessment. I will update as soon as I know the outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.