× Members

Coping with Change

More
1 week 2 days ago #290588 by Alison
Coping with Change was created by Alison
Hi

I am struggling with this question a bit on the ESA 50.

I have CFS and anxiety and get really overwhelmed by change. I've described this but am finding it difficult to come up with concrete example. I've used the example of filling in the ESA 50 and how it's massively disrupted my routine. Has any one got any other insights? I know there are loads but my brain is so scrambled, I'm struggling to come up with any.

Thanks

Alison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290596 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Coping with Change
Hi Alison

Using the filling of the ESA50 is a good example - because you have said that it has massively disrupted your routine. Can you think of any other times when your routine has been disrupted. You don't have to use a single example, you could mention several things - eg sudden hospital appointment, an appointment that takes longer than you're expecting, expecting to go to a particular building and finding that it has changed, a journey being changed, post not arriving, unexpected phone calls. forgetting to buy something for a meal, internet access being cut, sudden unexpected attack of exhaustion, unexpected pain attack, unexpected balance issues leaving you feeling unsafe etc etc.

You don't have to use any examples I have given - these just popped out of my head. You know what's important about your routine and you know how it leaves you feeling mentally and physically if you're thrown off. Don't worry about trying to get the perfect answer. It is always challenging to get someone else to understand and you can only give it your best shot. Our experiences are unique and all you can do is describe in your own words why change is difficult for you. You can even say what you have here, which, due to your CFS and anxiety, your brain feels scrambled, and it is hard to describe just how exhausting, painful and scary it is to manage change and deal with the impact of change on you both mentally and physically.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
1 week 2 days ago #290604 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Coping with Change
Thanks, again, BIS for the sound advice.

I particularly appreciate the reminder not to try and give the perfect answers. I keep trying to remind myself of this but keep forgetting. As you say, you can only give it your best shot.

Much appreciated. I'm really grateful for this forum.

Alison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catherine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.