× Members

Reaching pension age

More
1 week 2 days ago #290630 by silverstar
Reaching pension age was created by silverstar
Hi, I know it’s a while away but I turn 66 in July 2026 and then my ESA will end the day before my birthday.I know I do not reach state pension age till I’m 66 years and 3 months.So I will be without any money for those 3 months.Do you know if I will be eligible to claim any benefits ti bridge this gap? Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290631 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Reaching pension age
Hi silverstar

Your ESA will stay in payment until as you say one day before you reach state pension age, you can check your state pension age; www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

In answer to your question, no you will not be without any money for 3 months, you will be sent a letter 3 months before your state pension inviting you to apply, if you have not yet already done so you need to get a gateway reference number from Gov uk, this makes life much easier when communicating with Government on line.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: silverstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.