× Members

Looking at last PIP MR. Bk then insufficient information restrictions arms, hand

More
2 weeks 7 hours ago #290827 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

I was checking just now my last PIP Mandatory Reconsideration expiring in a bit less than a year and I notice things I never really noticed before.

It is saying that there is not sufficient information from my health professionals that indicate restrictions to my arms, hands and grips.
And this is why because I did not have medical evidence back then despite me being unable to do certains things with my hands and arms due to painful hands and shoulders I did not get the descriptors I thought befitted me.

- however now I have gathered and am still gathering medical evidence as possible, MRI, X-Rays and ultrasound, some which I asked for, some offered by health professionals and they confirm I have osteoarthritis, and deformities of my fingers, my shoulders, rotator cuffs issues etc.
MSK have been really helpful and I got an open MRI done through them also.

I am more ready now thanks to the medical evidence I now have, this forum and B&W guides to get ready for my next pip review.

Does anyone know how long before PIP expires I am likely to be send another PIP review form?

Thank you.

Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #290841 by latetrain
Hi VIA

If your condition has deteriorated, you could contact DWP and report a change in circumstances, we would also advise you to confirm your phone call in writing.

If you are successful, your claim should be backdated to the date of your phone call whereas if you wait for a reviewthen any increase in an award is from the date of the decision.

There is always a caveat, you have to be reasonably sure that your change in condition will give you a higher award and not a lower award or nil award.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris