× Members

Migration to UC

More
1 week 6 days ago #290984 by Nickyfierybaker
Migration to UC was created by Nickyfierybaker
My husband & I have always had a joint tax credit account & my contributions based ESA has always been included on the required info., but obviously I get my ESA straight from DWP into my own separate bank account.
We've now have had to fill in the universal credit application & it's really confusing!
Would I be still ne able to keep claiming my ESA instead of including it on the claim?
It seems almost as if we've had to claim for each other..
I couldn't confirm my identity bcs I surrendered
my driving licence for
medical reasons & it hasn't
been returned yet & i have
none of the others.
I had an email that they'll call me, but it says on my husband's to do list that they'll call him about it.
I'm so confused & stressed.
Sorry this is so long
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290997 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Migration to UC
Nfb

I can't comment on the identification requirements but you can continue to claim your Contribution Based ESA but be aware that it will be deducted £ for £ from any UC that is payable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 5 days ago #291021 by Jones1988
Replied by Jones1988 on topic Migration to UC
Surprisingly the ID verification system is more user friendly for UC than Legacy Benefits as if you don't have any photo ID you will be asked " biographical questions ". If this doesn't work UC will write to your GP to confirm your ID ( Third Party Gather ).
"If the claimant does not have sufficient evidence to verify identification they must
undergo biographical security questions / checks. The biographical test is
considered as satisfied by the claimant if they successfully answer 3 random
security questions out of a maximum of 5 drawn from available biographical data.
At least one must be high level. "
data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files...of_evidence_v4.0.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.