× Members

No back payment - advice please

More
1 week 4 days ago #291056 by Emanie
No back payment - advice please was created by Emanie
Hi all,

I received enhanced mobility at my last PIP review up from standard. It took the DWP a year to decide my review, but I have not seen hide nor hair of the back payment I believe I should be getting.

Am I supposed to ask them for it?
Or are they supposed to pay it automatically?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No back payment - advice please
E

Who initiated the review?

If it was the DWP then it is at the Decision Maker's discretion to backdate the award but normal procedure is not to do so.

If you reported a Change then the award should be backdated to the date you did this.

If the former then you can request an MR of the Effective Date of the Decision but you will need compelling evidence that you met the criteria for the higher award on the date that the review started.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.