× Members

Last minute check before I send my PIP for

More
1 week 3 days ago #291148 by Source44
Hi All,

I’m so sorry if this isn’t allowed, and please feel free to delete if needed. I’m just looking for some advice/opinions before I finally send off my PIP form back to the DWP.

Firstly, I am so grateful for this service, as it has already served as invaluable advice/help when I completed my ESA forms last year. I was granted LCWRA in Sept 2023 after a 5 month wait, which came as a huge relief. I did this with the help of my family after filling the DWP forms and completing assessments following the guides and advice on here! (thankfully no MR needed!)

After needing some time to deal with how stressful and triggering the ESA process was, I have now felt able enough to apply for PIP again this year. I applied for PIP in 2019 but had no help and knew nothing of the process, leading to 0 points being awarded.

With encouragement and support I am trying again as I have GAD, Depression and hormonal issues that affect every area of my life. My family again have helped me go through the booklets provided on here, and I have answered them to the best of my abilities. I am pretty sure I have everything ready to send off, but my anxiety is making me suddenly doubt everything.

I am now convinced my answers are too lengthy, as I have had a friend recently say hers was done in bullet points rather than whole sentences. I know PIP/the DWP vary so much, but I am so worried I have given too much information that they won’t even need.

Is it more appropriate to fill the form in with bullet points? and give/save the details for during the assessment?

I have answered all questions as if they are asking me the question directly, explaining my symptoms in detail, as I’m worried I will have a panic/dissociative attack during the assessment,

I went to citizens advice to help me fill in the form, hoping that they would tell me if there was anything different needed, but I was told to just print off what I had wrote with my family and attach it to each area of the PIP form. CAB filled in the form for me but they have messily written “see attached paper” on each question, which has meant I have had to print what I did out, not really knowing if it’s actually appropriate or not.

I’ve put it all together today to hopefully send off tomorrow, and I have sudden last minute doubts that this is not the normal way to apply for PIP. I have extra documents/evidence that I have to provide, so the entire form just feels filled with extra paperwork, and I’m just so worried DWP will not care for any of it.

CAB also didn’t sign the form after filling it in, so I’m really confused if I should be signing it myself? I have had help from my family, but they didn’t fill the form in directly, so I don’t feel right asking them to sign it either.

Apologies for this ramble, but any advice or opinions would be appreciated. I’m at the final stages and I really just want to do things right this time.

Thank you for your support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #291157 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Last minute check before I send my PIP for
S

Welcome to the forum.

Using prose rather than bullet points should not be an issue my only comment would be to try and organise the information that you are providing as long as you have time to do so.

However, if you do not have the time then just explaining your problems is the best thing you could do.

If you do have time then my advice would be to split paragraphs into smaller segments to improve readability, number as you go so it is easy to reference particular sections.

But above all, make sure you understand the criteria against which you are being assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Source44

More
1 week 3 days ago #291161 by Source44
Replied by Source44 on topic Last minute check before I send my PIP for
Thank you so much for your reply.

That’s a relief and definitely doable. I had already numbered them to make it clear as possible, so should be okay to go in the morning. I’m just going to sign it myself and hope for the best at this point!

Is the DWP postal reception open to receive forms on Saturdays do you know at all?

DWP gave me two dates to get my form back by, firstly 16th via the phone call and then via text they confirmed the 12th.

The 12th is this coming Sunday, so I was thinking it’s probably worth paying the extra to get it delivered and signed for via 24 Saturday guaranteed - so it’s definitely within both of their dates?

Sorry for another question! Hope you’re okay and thanks so much for your help :)

More
1 week 3 days ago #291162 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Last minute check before I send my PIP for
S

I believe the DWP postal reception is open on a Saturday and yes, if you can afford it I would pay the extra.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, Source44

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.