× Members

ESA/War Pension eligibilty

More
13 years 3 months ago #45258 by Nik
Replied by Nik on topic Re:ESA/War Pension eligibilty
Dave

AFPS 75 Service Personnel and Veterans Agency(SPVA) Glasgow

Dave i thought you could get both ie ESA and unsupp or lower standard ie disregarded as overlapping benefits
If i get in the support group then if it is the case they can have my lower standard of occupation back and replace it with the SEVERE DISABLEMENT ALLOWANCE Supplement @£59.45

Regards Nik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 3 months ago #45264 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA/War Pension eligibilty
Nik wrote:

Dave

AFPS 75 Service Personnel and Veterans Agency(SPVA) Glasgow

Dave i thought you could get both ie ESA and unsupp or lower standard ie disregarded as overlapping benefits
If i get in the support group then if it is the case they can have my lower standard of occupation back and replace it with the SEVERE DISABLEMENT ALLOWANCE Supplement @£59.45

Regards Nik

If only it where so simple

www.veterans-uk.info/pdfs/spva_factsheets_09/Factsheet6.pdf

as you can see it says no

and this says nothing but most new claims cant

www.veterans-uk.info/pdfs/spva_factsheets_09/Factsheet7.pdf

its a bag of worms

:laugh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #45271 by Nik
As far as i can work it out there is a cut of date to when the above docs apply ie April 2009

If you are in receipt of the award previous to that date you keep it

If not in my case if they take away ALSO and pay me SDA it makes no difference infact i will be £5 better off

Regards Nick

• originaldave
13 years 3 months ago #45272 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA/War Pension eligibilty
Nik wrote:

As far as i can work it out there is a cut of date to when the above docs apply ie April 2009

If you are in receipt of the award previous to that date you keep it

If not in my case if they take away ALSO and pay me SDA it makes no difference infact i will be £5 better off

Regards Nick

if what they told me is true, and it ties in with whats been said about no one being worse off..... my IB which is £32 a week because of unsupp will go up £60 a week if they put me in support group :) time will tell I asked when they called when I would be reviewed and she said it could be years :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #52561 by Nik
Thanks all

I have got my AFPS75 Preserved pension paid early
A nice lump sum and £30 a week tax free :)

Copy of wording of letter as follows

"I can confirm that you where awarded a deferred pension your subsequently claimed early payment of your pension on grounds of Permanent Incapacity.

After investigation you were awarded early payment of pension.

In order to receive a preserved pension early,stringent criteria must be met including medical evidence which supports the claimant is permanently incapable of working"

The above letter imo is like gold dust when Atos come knocking on my door for Incapacity to ESA migration

Infact i may stick it on my forehead during there visit :P

More
13 years 1 month ago #52562 by Nik
Thanx Pete/Dave :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.