× Members

esa 18weeks still no decision

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78636 by carole
esa 18weeks still no decision was created by carole
Hi, I have been on the esa assessment for 18weeks now.
I did not have a medical until week 14 but still have heard nothing?? is this the norm?/
Also have now been diagnosed with 2 xtra disability's can I submit that to them as I still have not had a decision?? thankz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78644 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
carole mitchell wrote:

Hi, I have been on the esa assessment for 18weeks now.
I did not have a medical until week 14 but still have heard nothing?? is this the norm?/
Also have now been diagnosed with 2 xtra disability's can I submit that to them as I still have not had a decision?? thankz.

The Assessment Phase is targetted at taking 13 weeks, although it has been taking longer due to the IB/IS/SDA transfer in some regions.

It is not unusual for a Decision to take 4-5 weeks from the date of the medical, the only way you will be able to know what is happening, is to contact the DWP.

With regard to your new disabilities, all you can do is submit the information to the DWP in the hope that it will be considered. It will or won't be, dependant on where they are in the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78646 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Thankz..

More
12 years 3 months ago #78672 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Hi, I phoned the dwp today to find out what was happening with my ESA50 submitted 6 weeks ago because I also had a new list of "unavailable" dates (hospital appointments)they told me to contact ATOS by phone and gave me a free phone number, I called ATOS to discuss the dates but told not to worry as they would phone before any medical was arrranged and I could tell them then, while he was on the phone I asked if he could tell me where I was in the system and apparently after 6 weeks and due to the back log my esa 50 is still in the stack pile of forms waiting to be looked at, so it looks like a long wait still ahead before I find out what is happening. Because i am in the wrag and this is a renewal does the assessmnet phase target apply or is it just a case of waiting until they get to me in the pile. Also wondered if I am not reviewed and awarded by April will I lose my allowance as i am contributions based, I am hoping for and if necessry will appeal for support group, now on hrm and hrc indefinate award. thankyou in advance.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78674 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
hassled mum

In principle the process for a re-assessment is the same as for a new claim, minus some bits from the beginning, however, there is no target timeframe for the DWP or ATOS to work to.

If you will have been in the WRAG for more than 365 days, come the beginning of April, then you should expect to be effected by the time limit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #78677 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Thanks Gordon, I though that would be the case, yes my year was up in November put payments at wrag levelstill being paid while ESA50 is waiting to be looked at. If I am placed in the support group I assume my allowance will still be paid or is that incorrect? also if I am placed in the wrag again and lose my allowance onthe 365 rule would I still be paid whilst appealing? It would be easier if I had my medical asap and then hopefully a decision before april. thankyou again for your advice and support.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.