× Members

esa 18weeks still no decision

• Survivor
12 years 3 months ago #78835 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
There's nothing I can say to make that bad taste go away, but you have my sympathies and, I'm sure, those of many members and visitors to these boards who find themselves in a similar position.

Do take a look at today's newsletter and see if you feel up to taking any action as part of the campaign over the Welfare Reform Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78839 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
thanks survivor, It just leaves a bad tast that I worked for 30 years paying stamp to then be diagnosed with an incurable disabling neurological disease that affects everything from walking to bodily functions and I can get financial support for one year but no longer, I do get dla but that pays for epuipment and carer support and esa helped withe prescriptions and hospital travel. my husband works but we are in that middle group where he is just over the threshold for income based support.oh well at least I had a year of not worrying about paying for things, just more stress.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78840 by hassled mum
oops post appeared twice so feel free to remove duplicate, thank you for you words of wisdom survivor and Gordon I will wait and see what happens, I know I am not the only one so will be hoping for a good out come for everyone in the same situation,

More
12 years 3 months ago #78842 by mikmikmik
Replied by mikmikmik on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Gordon

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't agree more to be honest.
With the news tonight that the PM might have found the money to avoid the withdrawl of ChildBenefit for higher rate taxpayers, on the basis that it "a cliff-edge issue."(quoting the pm) ie for total withdrawl of benefit in one hit at about 44k, it would seem totally incomprehensible that it was justifiable to have a cliff edge at £7.5k, for potentially someones entire income, for some of the most vulnerable people.
strikes me as a massive unfairness of the 1yr rule that the loss is total. just to add to all its other unfarnesses!

More
12 years 3 months ago #78843 by hassled mum
I have signed the online petition and will email an mp tomorrow as per the news letter. Everything is such a battle, but I suppose if you don't even try to fight you don't have a chance of winning. good luck to all in the same boat.xx

More
12 years 3 months ago #78844 by BrianSkye
Replied by BrianSkye on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Please can someone make something clear for me. I had always thought that if you were put into the support group you got payments that were not means tested in the same way that my IB payments are not means tested. Reading this thread I get the impression that something has changed.

Am I right in thinking now that support group payments are to be means tested after a period of one or two years?

If that is the case I'm going to fail the means test and I might as well give up my claim now and plan for a much lower income until retirement.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.