× Members

esa 18weeks still no decision

More
12 years 2 months ago #81843 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Carrie wrote:

Hi all,
Sorry but I am still confused over the time limits for ESA. I was in the WRAG (CB) group and probably exceeded the one year limit. However, on re-assessment and a request to be placed in SG due to deterioration of condition and impending surgery, I was recently informed that I am now in the SG (CB). Will my money still be stopped?
Sorry, but my mental state not good and finding it hard to grasp what's going on, although, font think I am alone in this.

Best wishes
Carrie

The situation is not clear so I cannot give a definitive answer at this time.

Based on the original Welfare Reform Bill you would lose your ESA on the assumption that you have already exceeded the 365 day limit.

However, if a Government proposed amendment is included, then you will retain your ESA(CB) as long as you remain in the SG, but would lose it immediately if you are ever returned to the WRAG.

Until we have access to the final copy of the WRB we will not know which option is relevant to you and others in this position.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #81856 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Re:esa 18weeks still no decision
Thanks Gordon.

More waiting then. What a mess and a worry for many people!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.