× Members

poser

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago #99198 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic poser

Brian wrote: hi just trying to find out if there are others out there in the support group who dont receive any payment as partner works part time.

Hi B,

I'm afraid it is impossible for "anyone" to give a meaningful answer to your query here, without you providing the extra information that we have requested.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #99199 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic poser
i am massively confused by all of this!

I have appealed esa cb wrag, was told I was in sg on reconsideration, currently awaiting confirmation of sg as I received a letter after the support group notice stating I was in wrag.

if I am in fact in esa cb sg will benefit be time limited just as it is in esa cb wrag? i am not eligible for income related benefit.

cheers guys

pc
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #99202 by bro58

PC wrote: i am massively confused by all of this!

I have appealed esa cb wrag, was told I was in sg on reconsideration, currently awaiting confirmation of sg as I received a letter after the support group notice stating I was in wrag.

if I am in fact in esa cb sg will benefit be time limited just as it is in esa cb wrag? i am not eligible for income related benefit.

cheers guys

pc

No PC, it won't,

As your SG award has been made at reconsideration, it is a remaking of the original WRAG award, therefore it will be just as if you have never been in The WRAG.

The same would apply if you had got to The Appeal Tribunal Hearing stage, and been awarded SG by The Tribunal.

This is why we are trying to gain further information from the OP, to clarify the issue for him.

In other words, in your case, your 365 day limit clock has not started ticking, (in theory) and there is no 365 day limit whilst you remain in the SG.

bro58

MOD EDIT : Altered WRAG to SG.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: Changed WRAG to SG

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #99203 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic poser
sorry gordon. i was self employed for almost thirty years. the last 5 years of that my income had colapsed along with the building trade. my accountant then told me that as my income was low i could get an ni exemption. this i did only to find out later that i would not be entitled to any benefits.(if i had signed on the dole instead of trying to scrape a living i would have got all benefits.thus since taken ill insept 2010 i have not received a penny .wifes wages covers mortgage and a few crumbs. worked all my life now 56 and put into the system ,but when i ask for some help all doors are firmly closed. well done ian duncan smith britain must be a great place. :
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #99205 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic poser

Brian wrote: sorry gordon. i was self employed for almost thirty years. the last 5 years of that my income had colapsed along with the building trade. my accountant then told me that as my income was low i could get an ni exemption. this i did only to find out later that i would not be entitled to any benefits.(if i had signed on the dole instead of trying to scrape a living i would have got all benefits.thus since taken ill insept 2010 i have not received a penny .wifes wages covers mortgage and a few crumbs. worked all my life now 56 and put into the system ,but when i ask for some help all doors are firmly closed. well done ian duncan smith britain must be a great place. :

As you were unable to make a claim for ESA(CB) due to your NI history then I am afraid that your eligibility for ESA(IR) is down to the hours that your wife works.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #99207 by bro58
Hi B,

Thanks for the clarification, because as you can see, it can be confusing to other members. :)

So in your case, it would seem that your NI history bars you from being entitled to Contribution Based ESA, (CB ESA) and you are ineligible for payment of Income Related ESA (IR ESA) due to the hours that your wife works, and/or your household income, capital, assets and savings.

So the ESA group that you have been placed in is irrelevant in your own personal situation.

You do have my sympathy, having worked for all those years. It seems that you may have been a victim of poor advice in the past.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.