× Members

Fobbed off?

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #109383 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fobbed off?

Jonathan wrote: Thanks both.

bro58, 03253 is exactly what I thought should happen. Ideally that's what I wanted my MP to try to push for - for a DM to consider the case again in light of the new information which I think is significant. I may well send a copy of that paragraph to my MP's office and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Hi J.

It may well be worthwhile copying your M.P. in on the DM Guides and relevant extracts.

After all, DWP DM's are supposed to do all in their power to avoid appeals going to The TS, and the associated cost to the tax payer.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109386 by Billy
Replied by Billy on topic Fobbed off?
Hi Bro
If you had extra evidence that you were sending to the Tribunal, would it be wise to actually send to the Dm the extra evidence and the submission letter you are sending to the Tribunal
or is the submission letter only for the Tribunal
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109390 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fobbed off?

Bud wrote: Hi Bro
If you had extra evidence that you were sending to the Tribunal, would it be wise to actually send to the Dm the extra evidence and the submission letter you are sending to the Tribunal
or is the submission letter only for the Tribunal

Once an appeal has been passed to the Tribunal service you should only communicate via the Tribunal Service other wise you run the risk of one party having information that is not available to the others, and as a consequence the potential for the hearing to be delayed until the discrepancies are reconciled.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 8 months ago #109392 by Billy
Replied by Billy on topic Fobbed off?
Cheers Gordon
Its just an idea i had, that it could have been another chance of winning your appeal before the Tribunal

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111061 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Fobbed off?
Just an update for anyone who may be in a similar situation.

I passed on bro58's reference to 03253 to my MP. Today I received a message from his office:

"I have confirmation from the DWP that we were given incorrect information and that your further evidence can be assessed before the tribunal. They have apologised profusely and are at a loss as to why their operatives would have given us the idea that all correspondence is closed once the case has gone to appeal."

"They can confirm that a copy of your further evidence has been received, and copies have been sent to the appeal services and also the decision maker."

"Please let me know in the next couple of weeks whether or not you have received a reply/decision. Should you not hear from them in that time I will chase them again."

So yes, it seems the DWP did try to originally fob my MP off. Thanks to bro58 for pointing out 03253, because now the DWP are going to reconsider my case in light of the additional medical evidence that I've provided before it goes to the tribunal, which they weren't going to do before.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111063 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fobbed off?

Jonathan wrote: Just an update for anyone who may be in a similar situation.

I passed on bro58's reference to 03253 to my MP. Today I received a message from his office:

"I have confirmation from the DWP that we were given incorrect information and that your further evidence can be assessed before the tribunal. They have apologised profusely and are at a loss as to why their operatives would have given us the idea that all correspondence is closed once the case has gone to appeal."

"They can confirm that a copy of your further evidence has been received, and copies have been sent to the appeal services and also the decision maker."

"Please let me know in the next couple of weeks whether or not you have received a reply/decision. Should you not hear from them in that time I will chase them again."

So yes, it seems the DWP did try to originally fob my MP off. Thanks to bro58 for pointing out 03253, because now the DWP are going to reconsider my case in light of the additional medical evidence that I've provided before it goes to the tribunal, which they weren't going to do before.

Hi J,

I am glad to hear that my information has had a positive effect.

Hopefully you will now receive a successful reconsideration.

Please do keep us updated. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.