× Members

Esa income related and contribution based.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291053 by cbrad
I have just received 2 letters from ESA, 1 my normal uprating letter and another with exactly the same dates and amounts.

On the 2nd letter it states due to a change you have been placed in the support group, you meet the criteria for the support group.

I haven’t had a Esa50 to fill in and there is no date for how long in support group, previously it was 2 years.

As I reach state pension age next year can I assume that I won’t have to go through another WCA but what will happen if I am forced to apply for UC now that the dates have been brought forward. Depending on when I receive a migration notice it is likely I won’t bother with UC being close to getting my state pension.

Thank you for any advice.

CBrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa income related and contribution based.
cbrad

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment, you can get a rough idea of when you might next be assessed from the prognosis on your most recent assessment report but this is just a guide. You are unlikely to be assessed early but it is not impossible that any review date could be put back.

If it helps, claimants invited to claim UC have three months to do so giving you some extra time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

More
1 week 2 days ago #291181 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic Esa income related and contribution based.
As I get both ESA contribution based with a top up of income related ESA if I don’t migrate to UC will I lose both parts of my ESA or will I lose just the income related part but still keep getting my contribution based part until I get my state pension. I don’t know how much of each part I get. This is all very confusing and will any of this affect my PIP.

Thank you again for any advice.

More
1 week 2 days ago #291199 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa income related and contribution based.
cbrad

If you do not apply for UC then your entitlement to ESA(IR) will be cancelled.

Your ESA(CB) will be moved to New Style ESA but will remain in payment, ignoring any deductions that you might be liable for due to pension income, you will receive the personal allowance and the Support Group component.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.