× Members

ESA

More
8 years 11 months ago #134387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: The judge at the hearing told me I would not have to go back. Cant go through it again.

You can always opt for a Paper hearing, statistically the success rate is much lower, but that will depend on exactly what they are looking at and who is doing the looking.

I'm afraid it is difficult to offer more advice, these are decisions that only you can make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134388 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic ESA
I just dont know why they made me go to a hearing then wait for dwp for 5 months to provide wra for me if they put me in the work group. Only to be told that I have to go to another hearing. If the DWP had supplied WRA would I still have the risk of being found fit for work again. Doesnt make sense.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134390 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Michelle

The issue revolves around whether you can do Work Related Activity or not, the problem is that the DWP do not define what WRA is or is not.

As an example; you have probably stated that you cannot attend Work Focussed Interviews, but what if the DWP said they would not ask you to attend at their offices but would rather hold them over the phone, would you be able to do that or not?

This is what the panel will be looking at, except the DWP have not supplied a list of activities so the panel will likely have to make a Decision based on the things that they believe you might reasonably be asked to do.

If there is a task that you have not covered in your submission, then if you attend they can ask you what problems you might have dealing with it. If you do not then they will have to form an opinion based solely on what you have provided.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
8 years 11 months ago #134393 by Somerset21
Thank you Gordon. I have been in a bit of a state again today. As I have said before I would be been happy to be put back in the work related group again, but was not given the option.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134694 by Somerset21
Hi. Just an update. I got a letter for a new Tribunal hearing which is on 1st June. Also the DWP sent in a list of things that I may have to do on the 12th May.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

8 years 11 months ago #134695 by
Replied by on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: Hi. Just an update. I got a letter for a new Tribunal hearing which is on 1st June. Also the DWP sent in a list of things that I may have to do on the 12th May.

Thanks M !

Keep us updated ! :)

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.