× Members

ESA Support Group - Called into Job Centre Plus

More
9 years 3 months ago #127614 by Gordon
Shell

It is most likely to be an ESA3, but Heffy will need to confirm this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127641 by Heffy
Shell.

It is a very long form and mainly based on financial details and other circumstances rather than too much about health situation although it does ask if you have been in hospital in the last 12 months and who cares for you and doctors details etc and if circumstances have changed since the last time they were in touch.They call it a review to see if people are on the correct level of benefit. Im not sure what the number on the form is ie if it is ESA3 as I have sent it off. I am in the support group so this is based on National Insurance Contributions so as far as I understood from filling it in quite a large section was not relevant to me. Originally they were pushing me to go to the job centre for this and I asked for a home visit but instead they sent the form, when i explained I really was too ill to go. It doesnt say what happens next but I will keep the forum informed. Perhaps others have had this and can comment? It is a very anxious time Shell and certainly not doing my health any good at all either. Hope this helps.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127642 by

Heffy wrote: Shell.

It is a very long form and mainly based on financial details and other circumstances rather than too much about health situation although it does ask if you have been in hospital in the last 12 months and who cares for you and doctors details etc and if circumstances have changed since the last time they were in touch.They call it a review to see if people are on the correct level of benefit. Im not sure what the number on the form is ie if it is ESA3 as I have sent it off. I am in the support group so this is based on National Insurance Contributions so as far as I understood from filling it in quite a large section was not relevant to me. Originally they were pushing me to go to the job centre for this and I asked for a home visit but instead they sent the form, when i explained I really was too ill to go. It doesnt say what happens next but I will keep the forum informed. Perhaps others have had this and can comment? It is a very anxious time Shell and certainly not doing my health any good at all either. Hope this helps.

Hi H,

The ESA 3 Form is very long, and comprises of around 49-50 pages.

This is the standard form used by The DWP to capture an ESA cliamant's financial/personal details.

The ESA 3 is not part of the ESA WCA, i.e. not used to decide which group of ESA you are placed into. (WRAG or SG)

Many, many ESA claimants have to fill in an ESA 3 Form.

Here is a : Sample ESA 3 Form for your perusal.

As you will see, this is the ESA 3 10/12 (Oct 2012) version. (Date at bottom of red section on right, on opening page under "Jobcentre Plus Department of Work & Pensions" logo)

We are aware that there is a more current version, but having seen a hard copy of this, it is much the same.

On the premise that you have filled the form in correctly, and there is no personal or financial information provided that was previously undisclosed, all should be fine, in which case you will probably hear no more about it.

You may well be required to provide such information periodically, again, don't worry. This is a totally separate issue to any periodic reassessments of your "Capabilities" which would involve an ESA50 Questionnaire, and the possibility of a "Medical".

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #127659 by Heffy
Yes this sample form ESA 3 is very similar although not totally identical to the one I filled in and returned. Thank you for confirming this.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 3 months ago #127740 by IamShell
Hi Heffy and bro58,

Thank you both so much for replying - I appreciate it very much. :)

Thank you both for explaining about the form. And, Heffy, I'm glad, in the end, you did not have to go into JC+ but, even if you were able to miss sections of the form out, 50 pages is a lot, especially for someone unwell enough to be inthe SG! I hope all goes well and that you hear nothing more. But, do keep us updated if you hear anything.
Yes, the impact health-wise on those of us already ill, is awful. How any one who might make any progress is supposed to is beyond me!

I have said before that I sometimes read stuff here that makes me very anxious but, in the end, forewarned is forearmed, so to speak. This really is a wonderful resource and the people here are so helpful and giving of themselves, despite having their own struggles.

Many thanks once again!

9 years 3 months ago #127746 by
Hi S,

See this topic from another member : Here.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.