× Members

ESA Support Group - Called into Job Centre Plus

• bro58
9 years 4 months ago #127182 by bro58

Heffy wrote: Thank you for the all above advice but I darent push the issue of a home visit and will endeavour to get there somehow, even though I know it will be extremely painful, risk a flare up right over Xmas and stressful too. What puzzles me most though is that they are asking for bank statements and savings details etc. Whilst I will co-operate and provide these I really dont see the relevance, as I am in the Support Group of ESA and this is based on NI contributions, not what money I may or may not have. Thank you. Any comments appreciated.

Hi H,

It's standard procedure to check bank accounts , savings, etc in a Benefits Check.

Even if you are in receipt of CB ESA, they check whether you are entitled to any IR ESA top-ups, and whether you are in receipt of any Occupational (Works) Pensions. (OP)

OP's can result in a reduction to CB ESA payments if the OP is in excess of £85/Week.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #127184 by Heffy
Thank you that helps explain it.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #127187 by Bill
Bro,

Can I just check please regarding the OP mentioned in your reply above? Do I understand correctly that if you have a Private Pension payment that is less than £85pw it does not affect ESA CB payments?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bill
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 4 months ago #127188 by bro58

Bill wrote: Bro,

Can I just check please regarding the OP mentioned in your reply above? Do I understand correctly that if you have a Private Pension payment that is less than £85pw it does not affect ESA CB payments?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bill

Hi B,

That is correct.

However, you should still inform The DWP in writing, even if The OP is less than £85/Week.

Remember, the £85/Week does not have to be in the form of a single OP, it could be several OP's of smaller amounts which when added together are in excess of the £85/Week.

bro58

More
9 years 4 months ago #127346 by Heffy
Hi. Just to keep people updated as I promised to do re-job centre letter and interview. I had a phone call from them today calling it off for tomorrow as they are snowed under and unable to see me after all. I shall receive a letter after Christmas now apparently to attend probably in January. I still tried to push the issue of either a home visit or a telephone interview as to get to them involves someone taking me and pushing me in a wheelchair, but again didnt get any response.

May I take this opportunity to thank all those that keep this forum going and for the excellent work you all do and wish you all a peaceful, restful Christmas and New Year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta

More
9 years 4 months ago #127372 by Bill
Thanks for that Bro, sorry for this late 'thank you' but I have been ill...funnily enough!! :laugh:

Merry Christmas Bro
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.