× Members

Has Capita changed the rules regarding PIP home visits?

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133497 by Sully32
HI as I said I have a home visit on Friday im wondering if you could give me some advice since sending the form back on the 6/4/15 where I did tell them I had arthritis in both hips and suffer with mental health problems ie. depression and anxiety but since this I have had to have blood test for rheumatoid arthritis :( and my doctor is referring to see a rheumatologist so do I tell them this new information :( thanks kim
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #133539 by

kim wrote: HI as I said I have a home visit on Friday im wondering if you could give me some advice since sending the form back on the 6/4/15 where I did tell them I had arthritis in both hips and suffer with mental health problems ie. depression and anxiety but since this I have had to have blood test for rheumatoid arthritis :( and my doctor is referring to see a rheumatologist so do I tell them this new information :( thanks kim

Hi k,

You should hand copy of any fresh evidence that you have obtained since sending in your PIP 2 Form, to the PIP Assessor before they start the Assessment.

It should be taken into account.

(provide copies, keep original documents)

bro58

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133544 by Sully32
I haven't got any documents because when I visited my doctor on Monday to have the blood tests I told her about my home visit she told me to tell whom ever comes that any information about my health problems they capita can request them from her because living and coping with my health issues and now the extra problems I have to face she said just tell them to contact me .and I just like to say thank you for your help kim

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133552 by

kim wrote: I haven't got any documents because when I visited my doctor on Monday to have the blood tests I told her about my home visit she told me to tell whom ever comes that any information about my health problems they capita can request them from her because living and coping with my health issues and now the extra problems I have to face she said just tell them to contact me .and I just like to say thank you for your help kim

Hi k,

A lot of G.P.'s say that, however DWP/ Capita only contact claimant's G.P's or other treating HCP's in a minority of cases.

Type up information on the changes to your condition on A4 pages, and give them to The Assessor.

You can ask them to contact your G.P. for confirmation of the typed information, however whether they do so is another story.

bro58

More
9 years 1 week ago #133560 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic CAPITA HOME VISIT
can anyone advise me what to expect from a capita home visit

More
9 years 1 week ago #133562 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CAPITA HOME VISIT

kim wrote: can anyone advise me what to expect from a capita home visit

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment, home assessments are not significantly different from those held at the Assessment Providers offices.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.