× Members

Has Capita changed the rules regarding PIP home visits?

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago #133399 by bro58

Jonathan wrote: Hi,

Capita phoned back today still refusing the home assessment. They said a letter from a GP is now required. I asked if this was a policy change, she said yes, but couldn't say when it came into force. I asked her to find out and she promised to call back later today. Still waiting...

Meanwhile, I phoned PIP who were astounded that Capita wouldn't give a home assessment and have been promised a callback from a case manager within 5 working days.

Is there a complaints e-mail for Capita?

Yes, there is J !

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Let us know how you get on.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133403 by Jonathan
Thanks Bro. I drafted a letter earlier, hoping that there'd be an e-mail to send it to.

I've now blasted it off, citing your excellent advice re: the Equality Act 2010 and let's see what happens. I had an auto-response advising to expect a reply within 2 working days.

Capita did eventually phone back again with a vague response that the policy had changed in the last 3 or 4 weeks, but that she would pass on my concerns to her team leader tomorrow. I would be interested to know if others soon begin to find that Capita are refusing home visits, or if this is a rogue case.

Even the paperwork that Capita sent clearly states that a home assessment will take place for the majority of claimants. You'd think they'd stop sending such letters if their policy had changed and that the majority must now go to a centre.

Do you know if, now parliament has been dissolved, our "old" MPs can still intervene, or are we temporarily stuffed until after the election?

I will, of course, keep you up to date on any developments.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133404 by bro58

Jonathan wrote: Thanks Bro. I drafted a letter earlier, hoping that there'd be an e-mail to send it to.

I've now blasted it off, citing your excellent advice re: the Equality Act 2010 and let's see what happens. I had an auto-response advising to expect a reply within 2 working days.

Capita did eventually phone back again with a vague response that the policy had changed in the last 3 or 4 weeks, but that she would pass on my concerns to her team leader tomorrow. I would be interested to know if others soon begin to find that Capita are refusing home visits, or if this is a rogue case.

Even the paperwork that Capita sent clearly states that a home assessment will take place for the majority of claimants. You'd think they'd stop sending such letters if their policy had changed and that the majority must now go to a centre.

Do you know if, now parliament has been dissolved, our "old" MPs can still intervene, or are we temporarily stuffed until after the election?

I will, of course, keep you up to date on any developments.

Hi J,

Yes, one of the reason that Capita obtained the contract was due to the fact that they promised that they would provide Home Assessments in the majority of cases and where deemed necessary.

I see kim successfully challenged Capita :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#133378

See : This post.

As I have previously suggested, maybe providing all the Home Assessments was hitting their bottom line profit margin !!!

Officially you no longer have an M.P. as : Parliament has been dissolved.

However, if you can ring your M.P.'s local constituency office rather than e-mailing them at Westminster you may gain more information regarding any support that your M.P. can offer.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133406 by Jonathan
Thanks bro. Your help and support is really appreciated and you are a wonderful asset to this community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, cats6

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133446 by Jonathan
Success!

I just had a phone call from a lovely woman at Capita in response to my e-mail of complaint. She apologised profusely, saying that a different disability assessor has reviewed the evidence and agreed that it is impossible for him to attend a clinic, so a home assessment will now be offered.

Thanks again - especially to you bro - mentioning the Equality Act 2010 really works!
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago #133448 by bro58

Jonathan wrote: Success!

I just had a phone call from a lovely woman at Capita in response to my e-mail of complaint. She apologised profusely, saying that a different disability assessor has reviewed the evidence and agreed that it is impossible for him to attend a clinic, so a home assessment will now be offered.

Thanks again - especially to you bro - mentioning the Equality Act 2010 really works!

Well done J !!

If you don't challenge these "people" they will do as they wish, i.e. what suits their best interests rather than those of the claimant.

Thanks for the update ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.