× Members

ESA

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #137752 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA
Topics Merged !!!!

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137753 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic ESA
So the person whom I was dealing with had literally no clue what she was doing as I thought!

It's that £700 odd back payment I am worried they will be asking for back.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137754 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA

Charlie123 wrote: So the person whom I was dealing with had literally no clue what she was doing as I thought!

It's that £700 odd back payment I am worried they will be asking for back.

Hi C123,

It is certainly not beyond the realms !!!!

I once had conversions with 3 different DWP Call Responder and 4 different DM's in the one day who all insisted that I was wrong.

Believe this or not, but having repeated my arguments over and over again throughout the day, they only gave way and admitted that they were wrong when I directed them to a webpage on the Gov.UK site that was meant for the general public !!!

A lot of the new so called DWP DM's now are no more than bumped up Admin Officers given a few days training.

I have never known the quality and knowledge of DWP staff to be so poor.

You should keep any part of the back payment that you consider to be an overpayment to one side and only use the amount that you are sure that you are entitled to until it is sorted out.

I agree with all that Gordon has said thus far, by the way.

Please let us know how you get on.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137772 by Bryando
Phoned them and the guy was surprised at not only the money has been worked out wrong but been placed into the support group!

He said they don't often get folk phoning being so honest.............

He is going to get somebody from the team to phone me back some point today. Really hope they do as I don't want a weekend of worrying. Hardly had any sleep last night :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 9 months ago #137799 by Bryando
Hi,

DWP phoned and are changing the award regarding the severe disability element. The system had pulled details of my previous ESA claim thus thinking I still had a partner. Strange I thought as I filled the forms in correctly!

Regarding the capability for work questionnaire... Another department will phone me regarding this.

My next payment is Monday so I will use the figures given here and only use that money should more go in. That way upon being asked for the overpayment I can write it off there and then.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137801 by Bryando
Another call from DWP. I have been placed into the support group and the work questionnaire is just something that happens.

So from what she said I have been placed into the support group and just send this questionnaire in. They might write to my doctor or just decide to send me another in a year or so. Not relevant to me as uni starts again this September.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.