× Members

TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137664 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Hi all,

We now have 3 B&W News Articles regarding "The Budget" : Here, Here and Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #137668 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
do we know what time this will be published today?
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137672 by Justin@73
Replied by Justin@73 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

bro58 wrote:
NEW ESA Claimants who are placed into The WRAG will be paid the same rate as JSA claimants. (From April 2017)

bro58

Oh dear god! This will effect me. Thank you DWP for taking soooo long to get around to migrating me from IS/SDA to ESA. I'm currently at pre-assessment stage in receipt of ESA50 form.

Oh well :(
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137673 by Justin@73
Replied by Justin@73 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Hello,

I've just red the budget section and discovered that's ESA rates will be cut inline with JSA rates from April 2017 for new claimants.

I'm on Income Support and the old, non-existant Severe Disabledment Allowance. I got a letter about migrating to ESA on the 22nd June. Received phone call on 1st July. I am now in receipt of the ESA50 form since 4th July. Just waiting for Action for Blind People to help me fill it in and give any advice of how to approach these ambiguous questions.

I'm assuming that I'l be effected by the ESA change in rates as I'm effectively a new claimant?

I just thought I'd ask just incase your are able to advise me on this.

Thanks for you time :)
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137674 by bro58

John42 wrote: do we know what time this will be published today?

Hi J42,

If you click on the "Blue" paragraph numbers at the bottom of each heading which corresponds to the subject matter in question : Here.

They take you to this document :

SUMMER BUDGET 2015

bro58
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137677 by bro58

JR73 wrote:

bro58 wrote:
NEW ESA Claimants who are placed into The WRAG will be paid the same rate as JSA claimants. (From April 2017)

bro58

Oh dear god! This will effect me. Thank you DWP for taking soooo long to get around to migrating me from IS/SDA to ESA. I'm currently at pre-assessment stage in receipt of ESA50 form.

Oh well :(

Hi JR,

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The new ESA "Rule" regarding WRAG does not come into force until April 2017.

One would sincerely hope that you would have been transferred over to ESA by then.

Especially as the Government stated that all IB, IS, and SDA recipients would be transferred over to ESA by Spring 2014.

You might want to contact your M.P. to discuss this issue :

Contacting your MP

bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.