× Members

ESA/PIP additional information

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140235 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: One further question from my horrendous assessment, the assessor accepted my additional information, scan results, consultants reports but would not accept the actual xRays images, didn't even look at them, stating that they were not required.

Is this accurate?

I was intending to phone DWP tomorrow to make them aware of this and was also going to send all of my additional information to DWP in case the assessor does not send them to DWP.
Thank you.

Two likely causes;

- they are not qualified to examine an x-ray
- It is not relevant if you have provided letters about the issue, e.g. if your doctor writes that you have a broken leg then there should be no need to confirm this with a x-ray showing the break.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140266 by dennygilly
Replied by dennygilly on topic ESA/PIP additional information
I was recently successful at esa tribunal after scoring no points at assessment. I provided tribunal with copies of xrays of severly broken ankle. My ankle anf foot had to be fully reconstructed with metal, I think the panel seeing the xrays made a huge difference as up to then the injury was being dismissed as a common break.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140273 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
That's really useful to know, thank you

More
8 years 8 months ago #140518 by tedthered64
Hi all,
I received a payment in my bank today from ESA for £126. I am not due my normal payment ( assessment rate) until next week.

Contacted DWP and they said it is an arrears payment?

Asked what this means but she said she didn't know as there is nothing on the system apart from a note saying it went to decision maker on the 9th ((Wednesday).

Anyone any ideas as what this payment could possibly be?

Thank you

More
8 years 8 months ago #140519 by tedthered64
Just to add to earlier post, my assessment stage started on 12/06/15 if that helps, so was due to end last week if I have worked it out correctly.
Thank you

More
8 years 8 months ago #140530 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi all,
I received a payment in my bank today from ESA for £126. I am not due my normal payment ( assessment rate) until next week.

Contacted DWP and they said it is an arrears payment?

Asked what this means but she said she didn't know as there is nothing on the system apart from a note saying it went to decision maker on the 9th ((Wednesday).

Anyone any ideas as what this payment could possibly be?

Thank you

Sorry! No idea.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris