× Members

ESA/PIP additional information

More
8 years 8 months ago #141015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Just a quick question, if someone is awarded high rate pip for both daily living and mobility yet just 2 weeks later recieve 0 points in an ESA assessment, is this worth a mention on a madotory reconsideration request?

Regards

Only if the PIP activities that you scored points for are relevant to the ESA Descriptors and even then you may still address discrepancies between the two, for example; PIP looks at your ability to walk whereas ESA considers your ability to mobilise where walking is just one element, so an Enhanced Mobility award could still legitimately result in no points for ESA Mobility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #141016 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
Cheers Gordon

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #141022 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
Hi ttr64,

If you remember back to my post : Here I did explain that even though the use of a manual wheelchair should not adversely affect you qualifying for PIP Mobility, it is taken into account with the ESA Mobilising Activity/Descriptor.

Therefore, if they are admitting that you cannot "Walk" the requisite distance, for ESA Mobilising, but are stating that you can self propel a manual wheelchair, that is what you need to argue.

As you did not score any points, and did not even gain access to the WRAG, they are assessing you as being able to "Mobilise" (Walk OR Self propel a manual wheelchair) more than 200 metres.

See : The Functional WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

To gain access to the SG you must prove that you cannot "Mobilise" (Walk OR Self propel a manual wheelchair) more than 50 metres.

See : The Functional SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 8 months ago #141033 by tedthered64
Hi bro, the assessor at the ESA was given a letter of my GP stating that he had referred me to wheelchair services and insisted an assisted wheelchair not a self propelled one due to unstable angina, he never forwarded this to decision maker and left it out if his report but I given them a copy of it with madatory reconsideration.

My GP advised that I can't walk the distance or self propel a wheelchair, still astounded that the HCP ignored this, especially with evidence to back it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #141128 by tedthered64
Hi guys and Mrs h of course,
Sent MR request off yesterday recorded delivery and recieved 2 texts today from DWP.

First one says they gave reviewed recent request and forwarded it to dispute resolution center for further action and to allow 28 days.

Just recieved another text saying they are reviewing my MR case and they will make a decision by 7/10/15 and they will call me if they require any additional information, is this normal?

Thank you
Ted

More
8 years 8 months ago #141148 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi guys and Mrs h of course,
Sent MR request off yesterday recorded delivery and recieved 2 texts today from DWP.

First one says they gave reviewed recent request and forwarded it to dispute resolution center for further action and to allow 28 days.

Just recieved another text saying they are reviewing my MR case and they will make a decision by 7/10/15 and they will call me if they require any additional information, is this normal?

Thank you
Ted

Some Benefit Centres are more interactive than others, some send texts some don't. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from what they have said.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris